This weekend we were talking about some summer plans and what we'd like to add to our bucket list for the season. While trying to remain budget conscious, we decided on five things we could do this summer as a couple. Below are five ideas you can implement as well as some links/tools to help you get started on creating that summer bucket list!
1. Visit a local park : Summertime is the perfect time to get outdoors and discover new things... We have found that pretty much any where you live, there is usually a great local park (or several) nearby. Each park offers different outdoor activities that are great for exercise, entertainment, and some even offer events as well. Parks are generally free or low cost to visit, typically have educational value, and encourage a healthy lifestyle. Plus, there are always new opportunities to try a new experience like disc golf or maybe even paddle boating! See what parks you can find near you and give one a shot this summer! Discovertheforest.org
2. Try a new local restaurant: We really like to support our local enterprenuers. Dining at a local establishment is not only good for the local economy, but you also get a chance to discover fantastic new cuisines and atmospheres! Make it a date or family night and plan an evening to a place that you haven't been before. Tripadvisor
3. Take an evening bike ride. Evenings are when we get to spend time together after a long day at work. One of the things we like to do is spend an hour a couple times a week and just bike. The air isn't nearly as warm and we find biking to be a good way to get in some exercise while taking the time to communicate about our day and plan for the one ahead.
4. Rent a movie and camp out at home: This is a tradition we started a couple of years ago. Even though its just the two of us and we don't have any children yet, we decided one evening that since we were budgeting, it would be too expensive to go the the movie theater. Instead, we rented a movie from Redbox for a little over $1, threw a frozen pizza in the oven, pulled our mattress off the bed, and camped out in our living room. We have done this several times now, streaming full seasons of our favorite shows on Netflix and staying up way too late into the night. It's a lot of fun and makes for great memories! Rent a Redbox Movie
5. Go to a baseball game: After all, baseball is America's favorite past time! Nearly every location has a baseball team nearby whether it be major league, minor league, or just a local softball team... Either way, grab a quick hot dog with a cold drink and sing a round of "Take Me Out to the Ball Game"! It is hands down one of the best ways to enjoy a summer day, building some team spirit, and making memories together.
What will you be doing this summer? We'd love to hear from you!