Here I am on New Year's eve, just sitting down to write and schedule this post for tomorrow - the NEW YEAR! I can't believe how fast 2014 went by - it was a good year, overall. I have so much to be thankful for as I look forward to what the future will bring.
With that being said, I've taken on some new, personal challenges in my memory keeping endeavors. Here are my goals for 2015:
1. Journal more. In elementary-middle school I kept a diary, then in high school, I decided diaries were for children and I started a journal. After graduation however, the journalism dwindled off and became sporadic. I had kept some memories typed up on a Word document and for my own personal growth, I intend to do that again. I want to document life's joy, struggles, and accomplishments. I also joined a Facebook group for 365/30 Lists to keep me inspired. I want to do some handwritten journaling and list keeping as well, so I bought a cute little journal at TJ Maxx with a gift card from Christmas.
2. Continue an annual Project Life album, updating it monthly to stay current. I have been doing this for two full years now and when my husband recently stopped to thank me for saving our memories, I mentally committed to this for life.
3. Embark on a mini album adventure, just for me. I want to create paper crafts, take photos, and share some of my favorite things. I found just the album to keep it in too!
4. Blog it all! I am so happy that I was able to create and introduce this amazing little corner of my website to the world. I love owning my photography business and the joy it brings me, but I also enjoy being a social, creative person. I'm looking forward to sharing here and on Instagram.
5. Host a scrapbooking party! I've held two Pinterest parties in the past and loved them. This year, whenever schedule permits - I want to host a scrapbook party for my friends and family.
6. Lastly, I want to keep it simple. Less is more. It's been my motto for quite some time now and it helps with the budget too! LOL. I would like to keep my crafting/albums/journaling clean, simple, fresh, and current. I want to spend more time making my memories than I do recording them.
What are your goals for 2015? I'd love to hear them! Come share with me in a comment on or on Instagram.
Happy New Year!