Hey guys, can you believe it is already JUNE? Yes June! Half way through the year!
The first half of this year has been a roller coaster for me both personally and professionally. I've had so much on my plate, I feel like I'm constantly juggling things just to get by. Maybe you can relate?! I thought now might be a good time to review my goals for this year and establish what has been working, what has not and where I need to pick up the slack or make changes so I can be on track at the end of the year.
Ok, so taking a quick look at my goals, I've made some notes on how things are progressing and any changes I plan to implement.
Take more photos and videos with the camera/less with iPhone | I am so happy to report both my husband and I have been continually recording little clips of video during our day to day life, trips, events and etc. I've been managing these clips in iMovie and we are really looking forward to putting these together at the end of the year for an annual home movie. You can read more about my process here. Unfortunately, I haven't been doing that good of a job photographing with my camera. I really need to set it out in the main living parts of our home so it is more accessible.
Create a 2016 album for event/special occasion photos and create a 6x8 digital album for everyday photos and #hashtagthisweek | Wow has this changed! As a result of our personal life writing it's own story, my creative time has been limited. Instead, I have been keeping a 9x12 album for our everyday photos and I've created a few random digital scrapbook pages along the way. So far this is working well.
Continue keeping a digital journal| Check and check! I've been doing great with keeping up this project. I open a quick Google doc and jot down what's been happening around here every few days. This has really helped as a quick reference or copy/paste for when I'm adding journaling into my pocket page album.
Short Term Goals:
- Finish 2015 12 x 12 and 6 x 8 albums - DONE!
- Finish 2015 December Daily album - DONE!
- Finish 2015 Love Where You Live - DONE! You can see the completed album here.
- Participate 2016 Week In the Life - Unfortunately, I missed out on this. This happened to be at the same time as my miscarriage.
- Participate 2016 December Daily - YES! Still looking forward to doing this.
- Finish Digitizing Old Journals - some progress made, have one journal left.
Long Term Goals:
- Create DVD’s of videos from each year- 2015, 2014, and 2013 are DONE! This was so much fun. You can see how I did this here.
- Insert 2005 - 2010 Photos into 12x12 albums - 2005 is done. 2006 is underway. I have a BIG announcement regarding this, just can't share yet.
- 2011 Honeymoon Album (6x8) - Um... Nada. Need to work on this. Like badly.
- 2011 Wedding Album - Same. Not done a thing.
- Transfer videos from old VHS tapes to DVD - Hurray! Almost done with this project. I have TWO VHS vapes left that I plan to finish up this week. If you're interested in knowing how I am doing this, click here. In addition, I recently shared my DIY DVD case covers using Paislee Press designs, that I am sure you'll love!
- Create digital layouts for the old photos not printed that surround a specific memory or event - I'm falling off the wagon here. I've only created a few layouts. You can see them in the blog archives here.
Over all, I'm pretty happy with the way things are turning out for this year. At half way into the year, I was able to finish my projects from last year, I'm mostly current on my annual pocket page album, I've gotten a LOT accomplished when it comes to video memory keeping and I've even had time to sneak in a few photo books. A couple of things I want to work on is taking more photos with my DSLR and our honeymoon album.
What about you? Where do you stand with your goals for this year? I'd love to hear from you and hear how things are going. Leave me a message in the comments or catch up with me on Instagram!