Hi friends, today's post is going to be just a little different than my normal posts. This post is the first of several I posts I have coming your way over the next few weeks where I'm going to get a little personal with you. To begin, I have three questions for you to consider and I'd love to hear your answers in the comments below.
1. | WHY DO YOU MEMORY KEEP?
For most of us, it is because we are sentimental beings who want to share, preserve and tell stories. We also enjoy the creative outlet this hobby brings.
2. | DO YOU DOCUMENT ABOUT YOURSELF?
When researching this question, I took a quick poll in the Scrap Gals Facebook Group. I found a good majority of us do document about ourselves, even if only in small ways such as mixing in pages here and there with the rest of our family albums or by various other projects. However, others shared that they wanted to, but hadn't. And still others didn't see a point in it.
3.| IF YOU DO NOT CURRENTLY DOCUMENT ABOUT YOURSELF, WHY IS THAT?
Chances are you can identify with one of the following groups below:
- I don't think anyone is interested in having a scrapbook about me.
- I don't have children to leave these memories for.
- I don't have very many photos of myself because I'm always the one taking them!
- I don't like pictures of myself or talking about myself. It's self-centered or self-indulgent.
- I don't know what to document or where to begin.
I WANT TO, BUT...
- I want to, but I don't have time.
- I want to, but I have so many stories to tell, I am not sure where to start.
- I want to, but I can't decide the best way to do this (i.e. traveler's notebook, scrapbook, etc)
- I want to, but I have other memory keeping projects underway that need to be finished first.
If you fall into any of these categories, or if you're simply interested in where I'm going with all this, then I invite you to join me on this mini blog series! We are going to explore some reasons behind documenting yourself, why you should and how you can do this. I'll have some inspiration for you from other scrapbookers and a chance for you to WIN access to my newest Big Picture Class, YOUnique, debuting April 10th!
But first, share your thoughts on this topic in the comments below. I can't wait to hear what you have to say!