Goals. Resolutions. Plans. Intentions...
With the dawning of the new year, we are all focused on setting goals, making fresh plans and evaluating our processes. It's honestly one of my favorite things to do. Perhaps it's a bit of my type-A (ish) personality or just my entrepreneurial spirit, but I really get excited about looking back over what has worked for me and what has not. And while it seems like it was just yesterday that I blogged my 2016 goals, I'm here to share my thoughts and intentions for this beautiful brand new year.
But first, I want to recap 2016:
- 9x12 annual pocket page album which is mostly finished
- 6x8 personal album for things about me/things I enjoy
- Digital journal keeping (Google Docs)
- 2016 Gratitude Project
- 2016 LittleSummerJOY
- Creating an annual video
- Finishing 2015's projects like my 2015 December Daily album, 2015 12 x 12 and 6 x 8 albums, 2015 MySelfieScrapbook and 2015 Love Where You Live as well as transferring years of old movies from VHS tapes to DVD, creating DVDs of iPhone clips from years past, making DVD album covers, and completing an entire pocket page album for 2010
- Getting my wedding cards into an album
- Teaching at Studio Calico and Big Picture Classes
- Launched a YouTube Channel
- Actively participating in the Paislee Press, Feed Your Craft and One Little Bird creative teams
- Being featured in SCT Magazine
- Launching #CraftCreateConnect on Instagram
- Doing a podcast interview on Live Inspired
- Taking more photos with my DSLR (let's face it, my iPhone is just more handy. However, to compensate, hubby and I did get some great shots with our new GoPro.)
- Digital pages (There simply weren't enough hours in the day)
- 2016 December Daily (lost my mojo but still have plans, keep reading)
- 2016 Week in the Life or Day in the Life (I didn't even try!)
As the year was ending, I was feeling bummed because after my December album flopped, I really felt like I'd lost my creativity. I wasn't sure if it was burn out or just that my heart was in another place. However, after listing out the things I did accomplish, over what I felt I failed at, 2016 turned out to be a pretty good year. I am so grateful for the teaching opportunities and creative connections that this year brought about. I feel like I grew as a person and I gained so many new friendships with women who continually inspire me.
So, for the year ahead, I'm looking forward to continuing to keep things simple. In fact, I'm considering simplifying things even more by keeping less projects on my mind (and desk), printing more photo/story focused photobooks and really, just going back to my roots and photographing more. I miss photography, I miss my camera in my hands. I am hopeful that this year will be one of beautiful photographs, rich stories and heartfelt memories.
MEMORY KEEPING GOALS 2017
Take more photos and videos with my DSLR
Write more stories and continue keeping a digital journal (using Google Docs)
9x12 annual pocket page album for daily photos
6x8 pocket page personal album, documenting things I love
Continue capturing daily video clips for an annual family DVD
Print more photobooks
Short Term Goals:
Finish 2016 9x12 annual pocket page album
Share my printed 2016 December photo book (I totally quit on my December album but I didn't stop documenting! Instead I gathered all the photos from the last week of Christmas and ordered a softcover 6x8 book from Artifact Uprising which I hope to share soon!)
Create a 6x8 pocket page album for hubby using his childhood photos
Long Term Goals:
Insert 2005 - 2009 photos into pocket page albums
2011 Honeymoon Album (6x8) and 2011 Wedding Album
Collect stories from my family and record them to use later
And there you have it! I hope to be back here soon sharing a little bit more about what I want to cultivate in the upcoming year, but in the meantime I'd love to hear your thoughts and plans for the new year! What will you be doing and how? Share with me in the comments below!