How is it possible we are already several days into December now? Christmas is only a few weeks away! I still have presents to wrap!
Last night I posted on Instagram and shared a sneak peek of my December Daily® supplies. Unfortunately, my coming in late to the project and limited budget wouldn't allow me to purchase a kit or all the pretty little things I wanted so instead, I decided to make do with what I already had. I shopped my stash, so to speak, just like I did over the summer for my #LittleSummerJOY album. It worked out quite nicely... Below are some of the items I rounded up from my stash in addition to a few Christmas themed items I purchased over Black Friday on a 50% off sale at Michael's and Hobby Lobby.
Here are a few of the items pictured:
- Aqua acrylic stars from Color Cast Designs
- Let It Snow Mini Flair from Feed Your Craft (get 20% off your order with code "mandy20"!)
- Glitter from the $1 Spot at Target
- Wood Veneer pieces from various companies
- Washi Tape from Hobby Lobby
- Wooden Snowflakes from Michaels (Cathy Zielske and I were on the same wavelength apparently!)
- Various Papers, Journal Cards, Thickers, and Word Stickers from the last two Felicity Jane kits
- Cork Shapes and Stickers from my shop
- Metal Embellishments from Hobby Lobby's mini Christmas tree section
I am really excited to start sharing some of my first few pages. Since I committed to the project later than most everyone else, I've spent this week collecting my supplies and typing up a few stories of some traditions that have already come and gone. Yesterday, I got an opportunity to work on some of my first pages with a beautiful new collection by Peppermint Granberg of One Little Bird which will be available in her shop tomorrow. I also shared a little sneak peek on Periscope (@turquoiseavenue) and on Instagram (@turquoiseavenue).
If you're still undecided about joining in, please allow me to encourage you to just jump in! I promise you'll love it. I'm already enjoying the community and holiday cheer being spread in the Facebook group and on social media. In just a matter of a few days, I'm already looking forward to more of our holiday traditions and telling the story of our Christmas season!
I'll be back tomorrow or over the weekend to share my first few pages (I'm still working on them!). Until then, hugs!
"December Daily® is a December mini-album project created by Ali Edwards that documents the 25 days leading up to Christmas. The simple goal is to capture the spirit of December via one story per day." Click here to visit Ali's website for more information and to find her awesome products.